Online Advanced Meditation Program - Art of Living

Google Image


Riding the momentum from the online Happiness Program, I signed up for the Art of Living's (AOL) online Advanced Meditation Program (AMP). I have to admit that I did have some reservations about this for a few reasons:

  • The online Happiness Program and AMP were happening in the same week and based on my previous experience (not from AOL), it's possible to experience some discomfort as your body goes through the process of eliminating toxins and purifying itself.
  • The AMP was scheduled to take place over three full days from 7am to 10.30pm*. Honestly I was horrified just looking at the schedule because it seemed like there was no way I'd survive it. Even an hour of meditation feels a little too much for me since I'm the type of person who struggles to sit still.
* The timing may differ depending on location
 
Lucky for me, I didn't experience any discomfort after attending the online Happiness Program. However, this may differ for each individual so do consult your respective teacher, especially if it is your first time attending such program. 

As mentioned above, the schedule for the AMP seems very packed at first glance. Fret not - you actually get ample break time (at least 1 hour in between the sessions). The key aspects of the AMP are as follows:

  • Deep meditations

If the core of the Happiness Program is Sudarshan Kriya, then the core of the AMP is "hollow and empty" guided meditations. Don't worry about whether or not you will be able to get into that state - if you try to tell yourself how you should be feeling, chances are your mind will be too active and it will be harder for you to relax. So just trust the process and let go, it will happen naturally.  

  • Silence

One of the unique experiences is to practise the art of silence, which is not just about not speaking. It was a great opportunity for me to just be with myself without any distraction - away from smartphones, laptops and etc. This is the best time for you to focus on yourself and pay attention to your own thoughts. Definitely try to observe the rules!   

  • Mudras & advanced Pranayamas

The AMP builds upon the exercises learnt in the Happiness Program, which explains why the Happiness Program is the prerequisite. As someone who is usually rather busy, I have to say I'm glad that we don't have to spend a lot more time to practise Mudras and advanced Pranayamas on top of what we've learnt in the Happiness Program - you can easily incorporate these into your normal practice.   

  • Yoga & wisdom

Just as per the Happiness Program, the AMP begins with yoga each day. Besides that, you also get to learn wisdom throughout the course (my absolute fav). It's just so calming to listen to Gurudev talk about life and etc.

Personal thoughts

Honestly there's a lot that I wish I could say here, but I don't want to spoil the experience for those who have not attended the course.  

The most important thing that I've learnt from the AMP is how to truly surrender to the divine. We always think it's easy to surrender our negative emotions and thoughts, because why would we even want to keep these things right? But more often than not, we're actually too afraid to let go of control. So instead of surrendering, we tend to cling onto them without realising it. If only we could just do our best in everything and surrender what we can't control to the divine, our life would change drastically. I felt so grateful that I even teared up a few times.

For those who have joined the Happiness Program, you've got to join the AMP because it's really powerful! Make sure you're able to commit to the course fully. Remember to be on time, be in a room where you will not get disturbed, charge your electronic devices, have strong Internet connection and have your yoga mat ready. You're also encouraged to have vegetarian meals throughout the course. Last but not least, enjoy yourself! Let go of all expectations and just be in the present moment. 

Post a Comment

My Instagram

Made with by OddThemes | Distributed by Gooyaabi Templates