12 Hotpot 石二鍋 @ Taipei


Eating out at restaurants is definitely one of the hardest things while travelling alone; you either get some weird stares from other people, or there's not much variety of food you can order (if you're not a big eater) because there's no one to share food with you. Steamboat/ hotpot is most probably out too as people normally have it with a bunch of people, let it be their friends or family. 

However, things are different at 12 Hotpot. It's perfectly fine even if you're eating alone; they have a bar area whereby each person seated there would have an individual pot instead of a shared pot.   

12 Hotpot offers various sets at different prices which are obviously great for people like me who are lazy and indecisive wtf hahaha. I chose 雪花牛肉 (direct translation: snowflake beef), which was priced at TWD218. What a steal! Besides beef, there's also chicken and pork. 

Other things that you can select are:

Broth - 石頭鍋 (stone pot; fried), 涮涮鍋 (original pot; not fried)
Non-staple food - 冬粉 (glass noodles), 烏龍麵 (udon), 白飯 (rice)
Drinks - 檸檬冬瓜冰沙 (winter melon smoothies with lemon), 無糖涼麥茶 (sugar free barley drink)

Translations may contain inaccuracies. Sorry guys I tried my best. 

In addition, you will be asked if you prefer to have more meat or more vegetables. Since I believe that meat is generally more expensive than vegetables, I opted for more meat without hesitation HAHAHA wtf.


Eating at 12 Hotpot was a memorable experience for me because I didn't expect to be able to have steamboat alone. But I have to admit that I screwed up since I am completely hopeless in cooking and I tend to be the person in charge of eating only whenever I have steamboat with other people wtf. I was so helpless the whole time and I kept thinking "oh crap what am I supposed to put now". *facepalm* 
12 Hotpot is so popular that it has many branches across Taiwan, so you can just pick wherever that is convenient for you! I went to the one located near Houshanpi station for lunch since I was going to shop at Wu Fen Pu after that teeheeee. Note that 12 Hotpot can be very crowded sometimes even during off-peak hours.

Google Map // 11.30am - 11pm // Houshanpi Station

Post a Comment

My Instagram

Made with by OddThemes | Distributed by Gooyaabi Templates