February 18 Cafe, 二月食吧 @ Happy Garden



When I was younger back then, I always imagined vegetarian food to be bland and uninteresting despite being healthy. Lucky for us though, times have changed and nowadays some vegetarian food is as good as, if not better than non-vegetarian food. 

Intrigued by what I saw on 8tv Ho Chak, I stopped by February 18 Cafe for a quick vegan brunch after my yoga class. 

Photo credit: wecreatepath.com

February 18 Cafe is most notably known for its organic tempeh, which is something that I had reservations about given my past not-so-pleasant experience with tempeh. Some popular dishes at February 18 Cafe include gyoza, curry tempeh rice, and Korean bibimbap. 

Photo credit: eatdrinkkl

Photo credit: wecreatepath.com

Upon entering the cafe, I was greeted warmly by one of the staff who eagerly gave me food and drinks recommendation when she realised I was struggling to decide. That was probably just my usual indecisive self though heh. 

One thing I noticed about the cafe was that there was ample space between the tables unlike most cafes, thus offering plenty of privacy and comfort to everyone who dines in there. 



Roselle tea

I was told that the Roselle tea (RM8) is a seasonal drink which tastes like Ribena, only to realise that Roselle tea is basically hibiscus. The drink was refreshing to beat the heat, with your not-so-ordinary ice ball. I also like how the cafe provided metal straw as opposed to plastic straw.

Popeye's pasta

The main dish was a tough choice to make since everything looks good, but I decided to go with my first instinct - Popeye's pasta. The dish was very well seasoned with various ingredients, such as mushroom, tomatoes and tempeh.  




February 18 Cafe 

Post a Comment

My Instagram

Made with by OddThemes | Distributed by Gooyaabi Templates