Alchon @ Ewha, Seoul


Alchon was our first proper meal in Seoul and it is famous among university students because of its affordable prices and location near Ewha Woman's University. I heard that Alcon gets crowded during lunch hour so we went there early in the morning before visiting Edae. 

The main menu of Alchon is known as Albab, which is a specially flavored steamed rice dish served with fresh lettuce, salted laver and seasoned fish roe on hot stone rice bowl. 


Alchon's menu contains English words so there's no need to worry about the language barrier! You can see that there are different levels of spiciness for you to choose from to match your tolerance for spiciness. 


I'm not very adventurous when it comes to spicy food so I picked the safest route and ordered the one that is not spicy. Koreans love spicy food and thus I was worried that even the one which is supposed to be just a little spicy might turn out to be too spicy for me to handle. Anyway, remember to stir well before you eat!

Honestly I'm very happy with the food at Alchon. I mean, where can you find a rice dish in such a strategic location that costs you only 3,500 won? The portion isn't even small and you can grab the side dishes as much as you want so I'd say that's a pretty good deal. Looking at the ingredients, I felt so healthy while eating the albab wtf hahaha.  


Alchon
Directions: Ewha Woman's University Station (Line 2 Exit 2)

  • Walk straight (passing by Baskin Robbins) and turn left into the street when you see Olive Young. Alchon will be on your right. 


2 comments :

  1. Thanks for this recommendation! Will try it out during my trip. Love your seoul related posts, wish you had more :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Hope you find them useful. Enjoy your trip! :)

      Delete

My Instagram

Made with by OddThemes | Distributed by Gooyaabi Templates