February 18 Cafe, 二月食吧 @ Happy Garden

Rainbow Nourish Bowl (RM18)

Back to my favourite vegan restaurant at February 18 Cafe in conjunction with Father's Day! I've blogged about my first experience at the cafe here, and since then I've always wanted to pay another visit to try out other dishes.

We tried their seasonal menu, which was the Rainbow Nourish Bowl with crispy shroom, mashed pumpkin, pumpkin seeds, alfafa, roasted zucchini, tomato salsa, pickled red cabbage, and brown rice. My personal favourites would be the crispy shrooms (oh my love for mushrooms), mashed pumpkin and roasted zucchini! There's nothing to nitpick - it's healthy, delicious, and beautiful.  

Steam-fry Gyoza (RM15)

The most eye-catching dish to me was their steam-fry gyoza, whereby most tables had it so I ordered 5 pieces to share. You can also choose to order 3 pieces priced at RM10 if you're a small eater. 


It's basically handmade dumplings filled with tempeh, vegetables and mushrooms, and it comes with ginger and vinegar dipping. We enjoyed the dish even though we couldn't really taste the tempeh. Nevertheless, it was an interesting dish worth trying.  

It felt like a waste to leave without sampling their organic tempeh, hence we were contemplating which kind of tempeh to order: fresh, pan-fry or crispy tempeh. The staff was really kind to explain each type of tempeh to us, he even offered us some fresh tempeh samples. As always, the service here is really incredible. 


In case you're wondering how fresh tempeh looks like, please refer to Exhibit A the picture above. The staff actually gave us way more than what was pictured above, but I forgot to snap a picture before we began eating heh. 

Pan-fry tempeh (RM12)

Obviously we're not daring enough to order fresh tempeh since we're not used to the taste, so we settled for pan-fry tempeh instead. While it might not be the most appropriate example, it reminds me of chicken nugget lolol. It honestly tasted nothing like tempeh, which I see it as a good thing for newbies like me teeheee.

They don't serve chilli sauce here, but you can order their homemade sauce (RM2) if you want: passion mayo, spicy mayo and nacho sauce. 


February 18 Cafe






Post a Comment

My Instagram

Made with by OddThemes | Distributed by Gooyaabi Templates