Star Cafe 星座冰室 @ Tsim Sha Tsui

Photo credit

Star Cafe serves the most memorable food (agreed by my friend as well) out of my 8D7N Hong Kong + Macau trip. If you told me that tomato noodles could taste so heavenly, I would never believe you. 

We were on our way back from Ocean Park that night and didn't exactly have a plan of where to go for dinner but we were starving from all the walking and shouting in Ocean Park wtf hahaha. I then vaguely remembered seeing one or two bloggers posting about Star Cafe with its signature tomato noodles in Tsim Sha Tsui and decided to give it a try since our bus stopped on Mody Road in Tsim Sha Tsui. *pats my own shoulder for remembering this hidden gem*    

The rule of thumb to know if a place serves fawesome food is to see whether there are many locals eating there. Seeing how we were the only tourists at Star Cafe during our visit, we were assured that we were in for good food.

I was surprised when I saw Star Cafe's menu - I didn't know that there could be so many variations of tomato noodles! You basically get to choose the ingredient (beef/ ham/ fried eggs/ scrambled eggs/ chicken wings/ luncheon meat and etc) and noodles (macaroni/ spaghetti/ mee hun/ mee suah and etc). 


I chose to go for the signature tomato noodles with eggs (gotta eat the most famous one right!) while my friend went for macaroni with luncheon meat in tomato broth. 

I know the food doesn't look very appetizing. We were kind of skeptical too when we saw the tomato broth. I don't know about you but I've never seen anything like this before.

Little did I know that this bowl of tomato noodles would be the best thing in my entire trip. 



The tomato broth is the real deal - it is thick, delicious, made with fresh tomatoes and surprisingly not sour. On the other hand, the noodles (出前一丁) are springy. It didn't take me a long time to gobble up the whole bowl of tomato noodles (including the tomato broth) despite being a slow eater. Yummy!  

We went back to Star Cafe on our last night in Hong Kong because the tomato noodles are way too good to only eat once, but sadly it wasn't opened on Sundays. Even as I'm typing this right now, I'm missing the tomato noodles dearly. I wish we had something like this in Malaysia too.

The location of Star Cafe might be confusing for some people but I managed to locate it easily with Google Map and the directions below provided by one of the bloggers. 


Star Cafe
Directions: Tsim Sha Tsui MTR Station Exit B1 or B2

  • Look for Dodol Hotel's sign and turn right into the flight of downward staircase. Go right down the flight of stairs with the "Moon Spring Foot Massage" sign.

Post a Comment

My Instagram

Made with by OddThemes | Distributed by Gooyaabi Templates