Stanley 赤柱

Based on my past experience, whenever I told people that I visited Stanley (赤柱), most people would ask me "did you visit the prison?". I'm not particularly sure why, perhaps it's due to the influence of TVB dramas? I wouldn't know since I don't really watch them.   


Stanley is more than just the prison. There is so much to see: Stanley Market, Stanley Promenade and Waterfront Mart, Murray House, Blake Pier, Stanley Piazza and Stanley Plaza. Click here for more information.   

Stanley has a completely different vibe from the hustle and bustle of Hong Kong city which makes it one of my favorite places. 




Our first stop was Stanley Market which is said to be a great place to buy special souvenirs. We went back empty-handed because nothing really caught my attention. Nevertheless, it was still fun to walk around the area for the purpose of sightseeing. 


We started hunting for food after that since it was already lunch time. This is where I'll be of very little use since I can remember neither the name of the place nor the name of the food we ate wtf hahaha. What I do remember is that it's near some stalls in Stanley Market and we had to pass through a narrow alley in order to enter. 

As for the food, we didn't order it ourselves since we were indecisive af (as usual) so the enthusiastic waitress did us a favor and ordered for us instead wtf hahaha. The food was pretty good though, two of us shared the bowl of noodles which came with a generous portion of ingredients (so much that you can't even see the noodles from the photo above) and we only grabbed some snacks for dinner.   


We then walked over to the other side for for attractions such as Stanley Waterfront Promenade, Murray House and Blake Pier. 







Sooooo windy at Blake Pier


We also explored Stanley Plaza a bit before heading back to Kowloon. For your information, Stanley Plaza is dog-friendly so you'll see a lot of owners with their fur kids chilling nearby. I wish we could have something like this in Malaysia too! It'd be fun to bring Goldie around. 

We stumbled across the Lovers' Terrace on Level 4 of Stanley Plaza while looking for the bus station. 
   

Love Bubbles

I don't think I need to further explain what this is about wtf hahaha. Just in case if you're interested, "Love Bubble" is available for free at the Customer Service Counter on Level 1. 



That's all about my trip to Stanley!

My original plan was to go to Repulse Bay after Stanley since they are not that far away from each other and I heard that Repulse Bay Beach is really beautiful. Repulse Bay Beach is at Grade 1, which means that the water quality is good. 

However, we had to give up on Repulse Bay as it was getting late after we finished exploring Stanley and we wanted to avoid rush hours. So make sure that you plan wisely to give yourself ample time if you intend to visit both Stanley and Repulse Bay because it is indeed a long journey (52 stations from Tsim Sha Tsui to Stanley). 


Stanley 赤柱
Directions: 

  1. From Kowloon, take Citybus Route 973 from Tsim Sha Tsui (Mody Road) to Stanley Village, Stanley Village Road.
  2. From Hong Kong Island, take Citybus Route 6 from Central (Exchange Square) to Stanley Village, Stanley Village Road.




Post a Comment

My Instagram

Made with by OddThemes | Distributed by Gooyaabi Templates