Chun Shui Tang (春水堂) @ Siwei Sreet, Taichung



It's been months since I returned from Taiwan yet I'm not making much progress on my blog posts fml. Finally done with the posts on accommodations and now it's time to talk about my itinerary!

I reached Taichung before 8am on a Saturday morning and left my luggage with my hostel before exploring the city on my own. My first task was to grab breakfast because I obviously live to eat wtf hahaha. 

Exploring Taichung

The place is called Chun Shui Tang (春水堂) which is known as the origin of the famous Taiwan pearl milk tea. Chun Shui Tang has multiple branches in Taiwan and Japan, but since I was in Taichung, I decided to be extra and go out of my way wtf hahaha to visit the very first Chun Shui Tang branch. [春水堂創始店(台中四維店)]

The way it works is pretty similar to Old Town whereby you have to tick on a piece of paper indicating what you want to order, the only difference is that you have to personally pay for your meal at the counter first. 


I love the ambiance of Chun Shui Tang; it still has that traditional touch to it although I'm sure they have renovated the place multiple times after all these years. I spent a good five-minute or so taking photos and watching other people enjoy their breakfast before I was served with my food and drinks.

Pearl milk tea (TWD70)

To be honest, I'm not really a huge fan of pearl milk tea because I feel that the pearl milk tea in Malaysia has always been subpar to me. The milk tea is not too bad but there's something about the pearls that I just don't like; I've never been able to finish most of them.

But oh gosh Chun Shui Tang's pearl milk tea is so good! I was looking forward to try this because it's Chun Shui Tang's signature and it didn't disappoint at all. The pearls are so chewy that for the first time in history, I actually finished the entire glass of pearl milk tea including all the pearls.   

Kung-Fu Noodles (TWD80)

As for food, I ordered the Kung-Fu Noodles which comes with special minced pork sauce with mushrooms. It's also one of the recommended dishes at Chun Shui Tang.

The noodles aren't bad but I feel that it's not flavorful enough for me. Or maybe it's just me having unhealthy eating habits wtf hahaha. 

Breakfast of the day

Nevertheless, it was a great way to kick start my first morning in Taichung. Please do not miss out on Chun Shui Tang's pearl milk tea :)


春水堂創始店(台中四維店)
Google Map // 8am - 10pm

Post a Comment

My Instagram

Made with by OddThemes | Distributed by Gooyaabi Templates