The Happiness Program Online


Photo credit

I first heard about the Happiness Program one or two years ago through my sister, but I had never taken any interest in it until one day someone told me that I exuded depressed vibes and highly recommended me to attend the Happiness Program. While I knew I was rather pessimistic in general and always had the tendency to overthink, no one had ever told me about it in such a serious manner - it was the wake-up call that I needed.  

I had been trying to fit this program into my schedule, but then COVID-19 happened and put almost all of us under lockdown. Fortunately, the Art of Living (AOL) started conducting the program online via Zoom which enables people to learn from the comfort of their own home. Given that I was allowed to work from home, I took advantage of it and signed up for the program in May. It was a four-day online program with approximately 2 hours and 15 minutes each day.  

The main idea is that our emotions are linked to our breaths - our breaths become shallow and short when we're angry, whereas our breaths are deep and long when we're happy. By regulating our breath patterns, we will no longer be controlled by our emotions.

What is the course like?

Each day, we would start off with simple yoga to relieve tension, followed by Yoga Nidra, discussion, the ever famous Sudarshan Kriya (SKY) and meditation. 

What is Sudarshan Kriya?

SKY was developed by Gurudev, the founder of AOL. It is hailed as the most powerful breathing technique which uses specific and natural rhythms of the breath to eliminate more than 90% of toxins and stress from our body. Click here to find out more about the research studies on SKY.

Personal thoughts

Honestly I thought I'd be too tired to focus on the program since I barely had time to rest after work and before the program, but I really enjoyed myself throughout the program and I didn't feel sleepy at all. Despite having fewer hours of sleep, I felt energetic to carry out my routine the following day. 

I suffered from back pain for no apparent reason at the start of the program, but after practising SKY somehow it disappeared. While I appreciate the changes in the mind and body due to the breathing techniques and SKY, I especially like the sharing of Gurudev's wisdom and knowledge. I'm amazed by how Gurudev puts things into perspective - it's simple enough for everyone to understand, but deep enough to ponder.   

Final word

SKY has positively transformed millions of lives, so if you've been struggling in life, I hope you give yourself a chance to experience the Happiness Program.


Post a Comment

My Instagram

Made with by OddThemes | Distributed by Gooyaabi Templates