STAGE Cafe Malaysia @ Mahkota Cheras


Gone were the days when I could casually chill in cafes in Mahkota Cheras whenever I wanted due to its proximity to my uni (I miss being a student sobs). Now the only time my lazy ass would even go there is when I need to get a haircut lol, hence the delay in visiting the STAGE Cafe even though I've take notice of it for quite some time.

Photo credit

Can I just start off by saying how I really love the interior of the cafe? I reckon it'd be a great place to just enjoy a cuppa coffee or even to work on weekdays when it's not so crowded. 

Hot chocolate (RM12)

While my cup of hot chocolate is probably the prettiest I've seen thus far, the taste is definitely too mild for my liking. I wish it were richer.

Friendship (RM10)

Last but never the least, it's the famous Friendship cake that I went there for. I have no shame in admitting that I skipped lunch just to eat this since I was on my own. It's essentially jasmine tea chiffon cake with coffee caramel sauce. A waiter was kind enough to explain to me how to eat it - you are supposed to cut the chiffon cake first before adding the sauce. 

Although I did enjoy the chiffon cake and I especially like its fluffiness, I have to say I personally don't get the hype surrounding it. Nevertheless, I'd still recommend it for everyone to at least try because I could be a bit of an oddball! I was also very tempted to get their blueberry cheese tart but there was no way my stomach could take in anything else at that point of time, so I'll leave it for the second round :)



STAGE Cafe Malaysia
Facebook // Google Map // Closed on Tuesdays

Post a Comment

My Instagram

Made with by OddThemes | Distributed by Gooyaabi Templates