Gaemijip @ Busan


As a foodie, I always make sure to research on the must eat food whenever I visit a particular place because I live to eat wtf hahaha. To my pleasant surprise though, my best meal in Busan was not a result of Google. It was completely random. We had no idea where we were (my best friend Google Map doesn't work in South Korea, I only know we were in Nampo-dong) and we were starving even though it was way before dinner time.

We actually stood outside of this restaurant for quite some time, wondering if we should eat here or go somewhere else (it's seafood so we think it must be freaking expensive lol). Eventually we gave in because we were too hungry to keep walking wtf.

To our horror, everything is written in Korean so we couldn't even comprehend what is on the menu. On top of that, the owners only speak Korean omg. However, I gotta say that the owners are really sweet; they tried their best to explain to us through body language and even taught us how to eat it correctly. So yeah, it was quite an interesting experience and we were overjoyed when our glorious octopus stew came.


We were actually still worried about the price of this meal but we were like "nah let's just dig in". I mean, how could you resist this octopus stew?

The correct way to eat it is to let the octopus stew cook and then pour it on your rice while it's hot. You can also add the side dishes and eat everything together. Honestly I miss this so much, I've had a lot of good food in Busan but nothing comes close to this.

As for the final damage, it was not as bad as we thought (still on the expensive side though): it was 10,000 won per person. The food was superb, so I'm not complaining and I would definitely come back the next time I'm in Busan! Provided that I could find the restaurant


Gaemijip
Tripadvisor

Post a Comment

My Instagram

Made with by OddThemes | Distributed by Gooyaabi Templates