Lhong Tou @ The Market


The most instaworthy cafe that I've been to during my July Bangkok trip is undoubtedly Lhong Tou, which literally translates into "Dragon Head". 

Photo credit

I recall seeing Lhong Tou as one of the must try cafes in Bangkok given its unique seating and fusion food, but I immediately gave up LOL when I realised that Lhong Tou is located in Chinatown, which screams FARRRRR.



Little did I know that Lhong Tou has opened a branch in the Market Mall, which is located right next to Big C. No more reasons to not try Lhong Tou! 

I've heard about how people had to wait one or two hours for a table during peak hours, so being my kiasu self, I chiong-ed into the Market Mall when they opened at 10am to make sure that there would be absolutely no queue.



We were seated at the upper deck for obvious reasons: we simply wanted to experience something different! Admittedly, it was a little scary to climb up as the steps were very narrow but fortunately there were poles that we could hold onto. I honestly salute the waiters/ waitresses who were able to deliver all the food and beverage upstairs effortlessly. Definitely not an easy thing to do.  



Being a first timer at Lhong Tou, I didn't take a long time to decide what to eat although I'm usually indecisive af, because I simply trusted the bloggers online lmao. 

Chinese set (129 baht)

I know some of you are probably silently judging me for having porridge, but hey, how can I miss it when it's Lhong Tou's signature? As shown in the photo above, the porridge comes with eight side dishes to be eaten together, such as chicken floss, sausage, boiled peanuts, and things that I cannot even name etc.

Such a hearty breakfast to kick start the day!

Egg lava bun (29 baht)

My favourite dish in Lhong Tou has gotta be their deep fried egg lava bun, and I believe almost every table ordered it. They should totally sell it in bulk, would buy! Hahahaha.

Dirty (85 baht)

I also managed to try their signature coffee known as Dirty. It tasted bitter initially but became sweeter gradually, just like life in general (hopefully). The peanut candy did balance out the bitterness of the coffee though.


Lhong Tou Cafe at the Market Bangkok
10am - 10pm // Chit Lom BTS Station // Google Map






Post a Comment

My Instagram

Made with by OddThemes | Distributed by Gooyaabi Templates