MHholidays

Quoted from their website, Malaysia Airlines Holidays - MHholidays, in partnership with TUI is the tour operating arm of Malaysia Airlines offering products and services that enable guests to tailor-make holidays with the combination of flights, accommodation, ground transfer services as well as holiday packages in a single platform. 

In short, it's something like AirAsiaGo if you ask me, but instead of AirAsia you get to fly with MAS.

I have been dying to go to Bangkok for cheap shopping and food despite the fact that I almost visit Bangkok once a year. I'd been thinking about going there alone for a quick recharge because I needed some serious me time, and coincidentally I came across the promotions offered by MHholidays. Just in time!

It was impossible to resist the temptation because it was such a great deal! Only RM249 for MAS return flights (inclusive of 20kg baggage allowance) plus a bed in dorm (near Siam area) for 2 nights. Based on my observation, you can't even get return flights for Bangkok for less than RM350 nowadays.

Booking

Booking was fairly simple although I did find the page for entering passenger details a tad confusing. Like why is there no option for the title Ms.? And why does my name appear together without spaces in between despite entering it differently? What's travel applicant data? 

Customer service

One downside of MHholidays is that it doesn't provide the option of a female dorm, so I had to opt for the normal dorm (i.e., mixed dorm) when I made the booking. I tried contacting the customer service to see if it was possible to change it to female dorm at additional costs, but I did not receive a reply from them so it was kind of disappointing. Moral of the story: only book when you don't expect any modification.

Flying




Overall, flying with MAS was a good experience: my flights were fortunately not delayed and the food served was delicious (I had fish on both flights). The only downside was the touchscreen for the in-flight entertainment was not very sensitive, thus making it difficult to use.

Till then, ciao!


  

Post a Comment

My Instagram

Made with by OddThemes | Distributed by Gooyaabi Templates