Red Kettle @ Starling


The most updated blog post ever! Been wanting to visit Red Kettle for quite some time but for some reasons it never happened until yesterday. Red Kettle is located on the first floor in the Starling Mall (opposite Watson and next to my another favorite Two Sons Bistro).


Not sure if we were plain hungry or just happy since we were celebrating the bestie's birthday in advance, but we decided to go with three dishes for the two of us - Tomato Fregola Seafood Soup (RM29), Cajun Prawn Pork Burger (RM23.90), Mushroom Avocado Burger (RM22.90) + Iced Latte (RM12.50).  

Mushroom Avocado Burger

The ingredients for Mushroom Avocado Burger are relatively straightforward, i.e., assorted mushrooms (you don't say) + avocado (you don't say x2) + cheddar cheese + cherry tomatoes + salad & fries. As someone who loves mushroom and is trying to eat healthy, I really dig it! I gotta say, the portion of mushroom and avocado served is very generous.

Cajun Prawn Pork Burger

Apparently Red Kettle is famous for their pork chop, but I guess none of us was in the mood for so much of pork lmao so we opted for other items on their menu. The bestie obviously couldn't give up on pork so she settled for Cajun Prawn Pork Burger - chargrilled cajun prawns & handmade pork patty, homemade pork bacon, cheddar cheese, honey mustard, tomato salsa, salad & fries. So sinful but so good! Do note that this dish is slightly spicy though.

Tomato Fregola Seafood Soup

Somehow we enjoy having soup whenever we meet up ever since we started our diet plans, so this time it wasn't an exception either. The birthday girl chose Tomato Fregola Seafood Soup - homemade tomato soup, Sardinian fregola sarda pasta, prawns, mussels, herb & grilled bread. 

Being the little shit that I am, I immediately went "where my seafood at?" when I saw no trace of it as compared to the photo shown on the menu wtf hahaha. Rest assured that there is seafood inside lmao. 


Initially the bestie was worried that we wouldn't be able to finish the soup, bitch puhlease she really did underestimate us wtf hahaha. Quoted from the bestie, you can't go wrong with tomatoes. 


A visit to Red Kettle wouldn't be complete without getting something from their bakery! I have to admit that everything looks pretty good to me, but I just couldn't take my eyes off the Portuguese tart (RM4.30) despite being full af. Interestingly, the bestie and I used to get emo over Portuguese tart during our Hong Kong trip 3 years ago because we couldn't locate the damn tarts in Macau. So yeah, I decided to get her a Portuguese tart just to "reminisce" about the past lmao.    

I personally like the Portuguese tart but it is way too soft that it is impossible to even grab it with bare hands. Also, the tart has a very strong milky taste which is something that I think not everyone would appreciate.

Having said all that, I'd gladly return to Red Kettle because I need to try their breakfast! And cakes! I mean, they even have bacon cheesecake... 


Red Kettle
1st floor, The Starling Mall // 10am - 9.15pm // website

*All prices are subject to 10% service charge and 6% service tax

Post a Comment

My Instagram

Made with by OddThemes | Distributed by Gooyaabi Templates