Shin Sei Bashi Hotel @ Taichung + 盛橋刈包 (Sheng Qiao Gua Bao)

Exterior // Photo from Google Image

Introducing my favorite accommodation in Taiwan! To be honest, I initially had my eyes on another place but due to safety concerns (since I was traveling alone), I decided to opt for Shin Sei Bashi Hotel instead which was around the same price. It turned out to be awesome.

The building looks so lovely with white and blue, it's easy to recognise even from far. 

Details of the building // Photo from Google Image

Shin Sei Bashi Hotel is about 6 minutes away from Taichung Railway Station and strategically located right opposite of the famous ice cream shop 宫原眼科 (Miyahara). I managed to find the hotel without any problem by following Google Map thank God hahaha wtf.

Photo from Google Image

I got a single bed in a female dorm room and it's soooo cozy. It's rather small but it even has a tiny seating area and laptop friendly workspace for you to chill. Notice how the dorm room also has double beds besides the normal single beds, so if you're traveling with a friend you can consider to get a double bed which is more spacious.

Photo from Google Image

Photo from Google Image

Photo from Google Image

The dorm room is attached with 2 toilets, 2 washrooms and 2 basins. Frankly speaking, it may not be enough because a maximum of 12 people can occupy the dorm room. There were about 8 of us during my stay and fortunately I never really had to queue up to use the washroom.

The hotel provides hairdryer, shampoo and shower gel, but you have to bring your own towel, toothbrush and toothpaste.   

You can check out the dorm room via Google Map here at Shin Sei Bashi Hotel's official website. I personally really like the design of lockers; you can keep your valuables and hang your clothes in your locker and there's space on the floor under your locker for you to place your luggage and shoes.

Everyone seemed to only have a cabin luggage except me wtf, so they just locked their luggage inside the locker whereas I utilised the floor space with my huge luggage hahaha.  

Card holder

Room card

Locker key


Just like most hotels/ hostels, Shin Sei Bashi Hotel offers free wifi to its guests but I'm not sure how's the speed and everything since I got a sim card that comes with unlimited data so I never used the hotel's wifi throughout my stay.

Breakfast voucher

The price that you pay for your room is inclusive of breakfast; you can redeem your breakfast from 盛橋刈包 (Sheng Qiao Gua Bao) which is located on the ground floor of Shin Sei Bashi Hotel from 8am to 11am. You are also entitled to purchase bottled drinks from the shop for TWD30 each when you present this voucher.

The shop is closed on Mondays, so I suppose you will be given vouchers to redeem your breakfast from other restaurants/ shops (do check with the hotel staffs).



A glimpse into my personal space heh. Sleeping in a dorm room doesn't mean you have to sacrifice your privacy because you have blackout curtain! It really helps to block the light and staring eyes outside and I feel like I'm living in my own world hahaha wtf. The single bed is comfy and just nice for 1 person, I didn't have any trouble sleeping at all.

The only downside is that the switch to turn on/ off the light is outside (next to your bed), so you have to stretch your hand out in order to reach the switch. This is not that much of a problem, it's just that it's not so convenient.

In addition, there was construction going on during my stay and the hotel staffs were considerate to provide us with earplugs.


刈包 (Gua Bao)

And just in case if you're wondering what is Gua Bao/ what is the breakfast provided by the hotel, this is it. To be honest, I never knew what is Gua Bao until I went to Taiwan. I would say it's like a Taiwan-style hamburger/ sandwich.

The process of redeeming breakfast was pretty straightforward. You just need to present the voucher to the staff and he/ she will start preparing your Gua Bao.

The hotel staff told me that I could ask for a different flavour since I was entitled for 2 breakfasts (I stayed for 2 nights), unfortunately the staff told me that they didn't prepare other flavours of Gua Bao for hotel guests that day since it was on a Monday (they were supposed to close on Mondays but made an exception since it was a public holiday). So sadddddd :(  


Not that I really mind though. I mean, it would have been nice to try some other flavours but this Gua Bao was so delicious that I couldn't and wouldn't complain about having to eat the exact same thing for 2 mornings in a row.

They actually offer so many interesting flavours of Gua Bao (I saw one with noodles?), and it seems to be pretty popular because there were so many people in front of the shop everyday when I passed by.

Imported drinks

Click here to read another blogger's post about 盛橋刈包 (Sheng Qiao Gua Bao). It's okay if you don't understand Chinese, the photos will do all the talking! Heh.

Overall, I paid RM142 in total for 2 nights on weekends. The price was slightly more expensive than other places, but I was happy with the service and facilities so the price was still acceptable for me. Shin Sei Bashi Hotel also has other types of rooms, so do check out their official website for more information.

Post a Comment

My Instagram

Made with by OddThemes | Distributed by Gooyaabi Templates