4G sim card from KKday


One of my worries before flying off to Taiwan alone was about the Internet. How do I stay connected at all times when I'm away from home? Everyone knows my sense of direction is poor, there's no way I could survive alone without Internet, I need GPS wtf.

It wouldn't have been a problem if I were to reach Taoyuan International Airport (TPE) during the day since I could easily get a sim card from the counter. However, my inner cheapskate caused me to go for the cheaper flight which was scheduled to reach TPE at 10.30pm wtf. But to be fair, I did manage to save about 50% for my flight ticket.  

So I did my research and saw someone posting that the counters to purchase sim cards would be closed before 10pm. Around 8pm-ish? Horrified, I tried to search for the next best alternative, which was to book a pre-paid sim card online.

I have previously tried Klook during my Hong Kong trip so naturally I went to check out the Klook app first. Unfortunately, Klook didn't have the package that I was looking for, so I did a random search online for a sim card in Taiwan and KKday appeared to save the day hahaha.



I purchased a 10 day pass that comes with unlimited data and TWD100 credit for texts or calls from KKday. The pick-up time is from 5.30am to 1am which is great for people like me and the pick-up location is at the 'Unite Traveler' counter (available in both Terminal 1 and 2).

I collected mine in Terminal 1 (turn right after you come out from the arrival hall and look for counter 3) without any hassle. All you need is the e-ticket, passport and another photo ID (I showed my identity card) to get the sim card that you have purchased. Remember to bring your photo ID besides passport, otherwise you might not be able to get your sim card!

Based on my personal experience, the signal was good (I traveled to Taichung and Taipei) and I was basically streaming dramas with my data :D

Anyway, I got confused because apparently the normal counters to purchase sim cards were still open when I passed by before midnight??? So yeah, I still have no idea what time do they close wtf hahaha. My advice for you is to buy your sim card online if you're arriving late at TPE to avoid any drama (long queues, out of stocks, closed counters and etc).

Click here to get more information about the package offered by KKday.


Post a Comment

My Instagram

Made with by OddThemes | Distributed by Gooyaabi Templates