Miss Lee Cafe @ Insadong, Seoul


Prolly the only cafe that I've visited among the countless cafes spotted in Seoul. I didn't know about Miss Lee Cafe until I saw blog posts saying it was the cafe that Yonghwa and Seohyun visited while they were filming for We Got Married a few years ago. Being a Yonghwa fan, I just naturally included it in my itinerary for lunch when I was in Insadong (there's another outlet in Myeongdong though). 
       
Photo credit

A list of Korean celebrities who have been here. As you can see, I didn't manage to take a photo of this on my own because there was a grandpa sitting under it when I was here and I was too paiseh to do it wtf hahaha.

Anyway, the must order food at Miss Lee Cafe is undoubtedly its dosirak.


At a price of 6,500 won, you get a dosirak with rice, sausage, egg, seaweed and a generous portion of kimchi as well as a bowl of soup. You're supposed to close the lid and shake the dosirak in order to mix the ingredients well before eating it. However, be warned that something might spill while doing it.   

In my opinion, the portion is more than enough for me and the food is good albeit not that special. For the price that you pay, it is sufficient to eat other better Korean dishes at a traditional restaurant rather than a dosirak. I guess you're paying for the ambiance of the cafe and for the fact that your favorite celebrities have been here before.   


Directions: Anguk Station (Line 3 Exit 6). Miss Lee Cafe is actually very noticeable once you see this gigantic brush in Insadong after coming out from Exit 6. 


Post a Comment

My Instagram

Made with by OddThemes | Distributed by Gooyaabi Templates