Useful Apps for Seoul Trip

Annyeonghaseyo! I just got back from Seoul last Sunday and hence there will be a lot of upcoming posts about it yay!

Anyway, Seoul trip was really challenging for me because I do not understand Korean (I only know some random Korean words thanks to years of watching variety shows) and I did not have internet connection outside my hostel.

So here's a list of apps that I find extremely useful during my 9D8N Seoul trip in no particular order.

Google Translate obviously needs no introduction, but I only downloaded the app few days before my Seoul Trip and found out that you can use your camera for instant text translation. How cool is that! 

Google Translate works well offline too. There were also a few times when I was so desperate that I used the Korean keyboard on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and typed the Korean words in order to get the English translations. Desperate times call for desperate measures hahaha.   


This map is highly recommended for those who understand Chinese! It's easy to navigate with numerous landmarks on the map so that you can always check if you are heading towards the right direction. Since I had no data when I was in Seoul, I just took screenshots of the map to lead me to my destinations. You can also find recommendations of food, accommodations and others by using this app.  


Subway is definitely the easiest way to get around Seoul as the subway system is very extensive and covers most tourists attractions. However, it can be quite complicated especially when it involves transfers. I mean, just look at this.  
(Click here to know more about Seoul subway.) 

All you need is the Subway Navigation app and everything is settled! Yes it works offline too. You just need to key in the departure and destination and the duration as well as fare will be displayed. You can also see the stations in between to double check that you are taking the correct train.  


I'm sure you can easily find other ways online to get discounts and coupons for attractions in Seoul but personally I used Seoul PASS for Everland, Trick Eye Museum + Ice Museum and Love Museum. 

Seoul PASS offers passes, coupons, tours and hotels and the best thing about it is that you do not need to print out anything! Just show the QR code to the staff and get your tickets. 

1 comment :

  1. Awesome post you have here! A very helpful one. I'd also like to share the productivity app for sales people. Anyway, Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

My Instagram

Made with by OddThemes | Distributed by Gooyaabi Templates